- This event has passed.
BFS webinar: What you need to know about Twitter
August 28, 2015 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Twitter is a great communication tool but it has one major problem – many people just don’t know how to use it. Our facilitator Anne Mirtschin has been using Twitter for 8 years. She has worked out the best way to build both a personal and professional learning network. This keeps her up to date with current trends in education. It also involves her in conversations about learning and technology and other things that interest her.
After attending this session, participants will be able to
- recognise the need for strong profiles
- understand the use of hashtags and how to find them
- participate in twitter chats for professional development and personal learning or interests.
- understand the effective use of lists in twitter
- recognize the tools and platforms that can enhance their twitter experience e.g. tweetchat, hootsuite, tweetdeck, tweetgrid etc
- appreciate the advanced functionality of link shorteners
- know how to use quality searches to find quality people to follow and topics of interest
- learn about the media that can be used in a tweet – images, videos including periscope for live streaming.