- This event has passed.
BFS webinar: Really easy audio editing and recording with Audacity
March 27, 2015 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Audacity is a fantastic, free, easy-to-use software program that allows you easily record your spoken voice, or someone singing or playing an instrument. It’s perfect for recording musical performances, one-on-one interviews or shared stories. Audacity also makes it easy to edit recordings: chop out unwanted sections, make songs higher or lower in pitch and add effects.
In this webinar, our facilitator; Katie Wardrobe covered:
- A quick tour of audacity
- The basics of how to record
- Which microphone to use when recording – including free and low-cost options
- How to edit your recordings – it’s just like using Microsoft Word!
- Easy ways to delete, copy and paste parts of your recording
- How to import a recorded song from your iTunes library so you can edit it
- Simple editing techniques – add some reverb, shorten a song, fade out the ending, make the song higher or lower in pitch
- How to convert vinyl records or cassettes to a digital format (MP3) so that they can be played on iPods, Smartphones and other devices.