The Broadband for Seniors online tutorial on Internet banking is now available. This simulated learning experience will allow seniors to experience how to use Internet banking in a safe environment and without needing to set up or give out personal details, login, personal identity numbers (PINs) and passwords.
Top tips for banking online
- Never divulge your password, PIN or other security information to others.
- Be aware that a bank will never ask that you provide your PIN to them – so if this happens there’s a problem.
- Keep your computer up to date with security software.
- Keep your computer browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and software (e.g. Microsoft Office) up to date.
- Report anything suspicious to the bank straightaway such as a strange transaction on your bank statement or if your card has been stolen.